Edinburgh’s job-growth is soaring above the national average for the second month running. Job postings for roles in the city rose by 61.2% last month, compared to May 2014 – once again placing it above the nation’s average job growth of 29.8%.
According to research by CV-Library, the UK’s leading independent job board, this is the second consecutive month that the city has seen the highest job growth in the UK; last month it saw year-on-year job growth of 79%, compared to the nation’s average of 43%. Job postings in May 2015 peaked at 827, signifying rapid and sustained growth for Edinburgh.
The top 3 industries with the highest number of job postings in May 2015 were:
- Construction – 128 jobs (15.4% of all job postings)
- Engineering – 108 jobs (13% of all job postings)
- Administration – 69 jobs (8.3% of all job postings)
In addition, the top 3 industries with the highest number of job applications in May 2015 were:
- Administration – 1,738 applications (15.7% of all applications)
- Sales – 1,379 applications (12.4% of all applications)
- Construction – 1,321 applications (11.9% of all applications)